Our D1-3 project was developing characters and a scene for the Three Blind Mice nursery rhyme.
A couple of particularly important details while developing this project were:
- The audience profile is 18 years old and above.
- The end product should evoke empathy for the character(s).
- Purpose is for entertainment.
- Premise is horror and the setting is contemporary.
- Historical reference to power and murder.
- Characters should be economic in design for the sake of animation.
And my final products:
So, what we have here are:
- A very innocent child-mouse who has had a lobotomy.
- Poppa #2
And what we have here is our mice in their natural habitat! A lush, green environment. Contrast, anyone?
All of my sketches:
Most of these are very crude, but I did start out with 0 drawing ability, and I think I have come up with a fairly decent final solution.